Italian producer LockCircle has simply introduced a brand new cage for a beast of a medium format mirrorless digital camera: the FUJIFILM GFX 100s. The newly introduced X-Cage for the stated digital camera options the well-known modularity (and elegance) anticipated from LockCircle.
The brand new X-Cage for the FUJIFILM GFX 100s is a tailor-made and modular cage accessible in two finishes: both black anodized or the brand new anodized Dura-T end.
The X-Cage will not be a singular product, however slightly an entire line of matching parts constructed round a customized base cage for the FUJIFILM GFX 100s. To cite straight from the press launch:
One in every of its options is the unique mixture between ergonomics, that gives an distinctive handheld feeling and rigging for heavy-duty productions, with out limitations, providing a critical safety for the digital camera.
The X-Cage affords 150 threads 1/4-20 and seven threads 3/8-16 for mounting a myriad of equipment, do you have to want as a lot…
The X-Cage integrates with the unique GX-PL mount utilizing the CineBlock interface bracket, making a rock-solid manufacturing digital camera designed for capturing with heavy high-end PL lenses.
Built-in into the cage are the MultiPort HDMI / USB 3.0 / Audio port savers. The LockPort (a LockCircle traditional) supplies a 90 diploma HDMI adapter with full-size rear output to guard the ports when utilizing screens or 4K outboard recorders.
The cage is kind of mild (245 g) and has a number of threads for mounting a measuring tape hook (titanium pin) precisely on the focal aircraft of the sensor.
An ultra-light MicroMega-M baseplate for normal 15mm rods can also be accessible. An ARRI BP-8 Baseplate Adapter is designed to attach the X-Cage to the common ARRI 19mm rod suitable vary of equipment, observe focus, aperture/focus motors, and matte bins.
To sum it up, the brand new LockCircle X-Cage is a really versatile (and customizable) machine, even whether it is “simply” one other digital camera cage. However many of the equipment can be utilized with different cages as properly, so the one factor you actually need to get began with the LockCircle ecosystem is the bottom cage. Every part else will be swapped out with gear you have already got. Fairly neat!
The LockCircle X-Cage for FUJIFILM GFX 100s options:
- Refined cage design for enhanced nonetheless and movement feeling
- Simple ON-OFF digital camera mounting
- Proper hand digital camera grabbing optimized
- Extremely light-weight cage, weight is simply 245gr. – 8.6 oz.
- 150 threads 1/4-20 and seven threads 3/8-16 for excessive rigging
- Heavy-duty digital camera baseplate with 1/4-20 and three/8-16 threads
- CineBlock mount for unique GX-PL Mount
- Evo High Grip deal with, suitable with BoomBooster grip deal with
- ARRI BP-8 Adapter Interface for 19mm rods system
- CNC machined from billet aluminum- Natural Black anodizing end
- Mil-A 8625 Sort III (Mil-Spec) floor anodized (Dura-T )
- Real Titanium Grade 5 knobs and screws- Digicam management show full seen (formed design)
- MultiPort HDMI / USB 3.0 / Audio / Interface port savers
- LockPort 90 diploma rear full-size HDMI output
- Real Modular Titanium Grade 5 Rods 15mm
- Focal Aircraft thread for AC measurement hook (titanium pin)
- MicroMega-M modular ultra-lightweight baseplate (15 rods)
- Designed and manufactured in Italy (Lake Como) by LockCircle
Pricing and availability
The “bare” LockCircle X-Cage for the FUJIFILM GFX 100s is priced at $899 (black anodized) or $1,029 (Dura-T). Further equipment reminiscent of a grip, base plate, and GX-PL mount will be bought individually.
For extra info go to the LockCircle web site.
What do you consider the GFX 100s? Is it one thing you’ll shoot your subsequent challenge with? Would this cage be helpful for mounting extra equipment? Tell us what you assume within the feedback under!